The learning objective is to be able to start using Qt in an efficient way in application and application engine development. At the end of the course you can create application user interfaces with QtDesigner, customize existing Qt widgets, and use Qt core classes in your applications.
Also, you will learn Qt build and development tools for cross-platform application development. You will learn how to build for a selected target and how to cross-compile to another platform.
Qt object model, easing C++ memory management, is introduced in the course. In addition, you will learn how to use Qt’s extension to C++: meta-object model for the observer pattern and dynamic object properties.
Qt provides a nice set of widgets for user interface developers. You will learn how the existing widgets can be styled, customized or replaced completely with your own widgets. In addition, you will learn how Qt widgets handle events and how they are painted.
You will learn to use Qt model classes to store application data and a wide selection of views to render the data.
As an alternative to Qt widgets, you will learn how to create user interfaces using Qt GraphicsView framework with custom graphic items and standard widgets embedded into the view.
Developers who are new to Qt or who want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of Qt. This edition is especially targeted at developers who plan to implement the application user interface using Qt GraphicsView framework.
Upon completing the course you will be able to:
- Write GUI applications with Qt
- Use QtCreator IDE for building and debugging Qt programs
- Create user interfaces with both ready-made Qt widgets and custom widgets using QtDesigner
- Understand Qt object model and meta-object system
- Use Qt core classes
- Apply Qt SAX and DOM XML APIs for data IO
- Use Qt model/view framework in applications
- Create and manage SQL databases using Qt classes
- Write user interfaces with Qt GraphicsView framework
- Understand how to affect GraphicsView performance with rendering hints and painting flags
- Use Qt state machine and animation framework to create a fluid user experience in user interfaces
40% of lectures and 60% of hands-on exercises.
Good command of C++ programming language